As an interested candidate for an IE undergraduate or graduate program, you may be thinking of applying for a scholarship to help fund your program. Below is an overview of how to apply for scholarships provided by the IE Foundation. For external organization scholarships, you will need to consult the organization directly, and work through the scholarship process with them. You will always know whether a scholarship is an IE Foundation scholarship by looking to the top right hand side of any scholarship listing; if it says Sponsor > Fundación IE, then you send your application to email@example.com.
Important Notice: Read This Before Applying for an IE Foundation Scholarship
Please note some basic requirements for applying for IE Foundation scholarships:
- All documentation must be sent in electronic format. We do not accept paper applications.
- We require documents that show proof of financial situation because we need to better understand your economic profile, vis-à-vis other candidates.
- Students can only apply once for a scholarship, and no more than three different scholarships in total. Scholarship Committee decisions are final.
- Students, in addition to applying for up to three scholarships, can also apply for a Fellowship., IE Fellowships are considered a seperate form of Financial Aid, with reference to scholarships offered by the IE Foundation. See IE Fellows Program | Programa IE Fellows for how to apply for an IE Fellowship.
- Students must have obtained admissions to IE before applying for a scholarship, and scholarships applications should only be sent when all documentation is ready for Scholarship Committee approval.
The Scholarship Process: From Applying to Being Notified of the Results
The basic process of how to apply is:
- Review the Financial Aid web page and decide which scholarships you are most qualified for.
- Review the individual requirements for the scholarships (up to a maximum of 3) you wish to apply for, and collect/prepare all the required documents – which includes your letter of admissions to an IE program.
- Decide if you might qualify for an IE Fellowship, and collect all the required documentation if you decide to also apply for this Financial Aid program.
- Send all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wait to hear back from Financial Aid Office: we will confirm receipt of your applications in 2-5 business days.
Once we receive your complete application, the Scholarship Committee will review your application, and based on your individual merits and the quality and quantity of overall applications, a decision will be made on your application.
Because IE applies a rolling admissions process for our graduate programs, graduate student applications will usually be processed in 2 to 6 weeks, from the time the complete application is received.
For undergraduate programs, there are three key dates to note for the coming 2009-2010 academic year:
- First selection round: April 15, 2009
- Second selection round: June 15, 2009
- Third selection round: July 15, 2009
Undergraduate candidates should ensure that their complete applications have been received at least 10 business days before any given selection round deadline.