9
Mar

Monthly Top 10 FAQ: March 2009

Written on March 9, 2009 by Joël McConnell in Monthly Top 10 | Top 10 Mensuales

Below are the answers to March’s most pressing and frequently asked questions.

Question 01: How long does it take to hear back regarding my scholarship application?

Answer 01: Generally scholarship applications are decided between 2 and 4 weeks from the time we receive a complete scholarship application.  Scholarship applications are not complete until we have all required documentation, in English or Spanish, and that you the potential student has received a confirmation from Financial Aid that your applications is complete.

Question 02: What is a pay slip?  What is a bank extract?

Answer 02: Both these documents help us better understand your relative financial need, an important factor when considering whether or not you require financial support.  A pay slip is the monthly or bi-weekly document your organization sends you which shows how much you were paid in both fixed and (if applicable) variable salary.  A bank extract is either a letter from your bank, or your monthly statement, either of which shows your recent bank balances and income flows.

Question 03: How many scholarships can I apply for?

Answer 03: No more than 3 scholarship applications will be considered for any applicant.  Once you case has been reviewed and decided, the Scholarship Committee will not see your case again, so it is important that you take the time to think about which scholarship(s) you are most qualified for, and then apply for up to three.

Question 04: What do I need to communicate in my Letter of Intent, when applying for a Fellowship?

Answer 04: What you have done in the past that brings special or unique value to an on-campus project, and in a second paragraph, what it is exactly you want to do after your master program at IE.  We try to custom-fit IE Fellows to on-campus projects where they can 1) bring the most value/expertise needed, and 2) the student will be able to gain additional experience which will directly contribute to them achieving their post-program professional goals.

Question 05: If I am applying to multiple programs, does that mean I can apply for 3 scholarships for each program?

Answer 05: No.  You can only apply for up to 3 scholarships as a scholarhip candidate, regardless of how many programs you are applying to.

Question 06: What are the deadlines for scholarship applications for my program and intake?

Answer 06: For schools that do not operate on a rolling admissions model, dates for scholarship applications tend to be regid and annual.  IE works on a rolling admissions process and so all related/dependant processes are also engineered to best fit with our admissions approach.  As such, most scholarships can be applied for throughout the year, unless otherwise noted in the specific scholarship listing as it appears on the Financial Aid web site at www.ie.edu/financialaid.

Question 07: You have joint programs with key programs in Latin America, do I apply to IE or these organizations directly for scholarship support?

Answer 07: For our most important program partners in Latin America, such as ICETEX, Fundación Carolina, Colfuturo, Guatefuturo, IPFE, FUNED and others, you must first apply for financial support from these organizations, directly with the organization.  You must then also obtain admissions to IE.  Once you have admissions to IE and have applied to the respective organization for financial support, both organizations work together to decide on each specific case.

Question 08: Do I have to be admitted to IE to apply for a scholarship?

Answer 08: Yes.  If you do not have admissions to IE, we will not consider your application for financial support.

Question 09: I’ve been awarded a scholarship, but I want a higher scholarship. Can I apply for an increase?

Answer 09: No.  The Scholarship Committee works very closely with Admissions, IE’s International Offices and other relevant stakeholders to understand each candidate’s economic situation and merit.  If you are awarded a scholarship, then this is the support IE is willing to provide you for a specific programa and intake.  You are free however to apply for scholarships offered by outside organizations, not related to IE.

Question 10: What is the best way to send my application documentation to Financial Aid?

Answer 10: We only accept documentation in digital format, unless otherwise requested.  Sending documenation via mail or courrier implies potential loss of documents, unnecessary expenses, wastage of paper, and if we store documentation related to scholarship applications, we store it digitally.  Further, if you are including documentation from your organization (supporting letters from superiors, letters from the Human Resources department, etc), then these documents should be sent directly by the author/person signing the letter, to financialaid@ie.edu.

Nokia n93 February 3, 2010 - 7:41 pm

Nokia N93 Review…

With 180 grams on the scale and large size (11.8 cm long and 2.8 cm thick), the N93 is not in the…

EXTRACTII DENTARE April 11, 2012 - 9:58 am

EXTRACTII DENTARE Hi, interesting approach to this topic Cabinet Stomatologic…

Hi, interesting approach to this topic Cabinet Stomatologic…

John Wesley June 29, 2012 - 9:44 am

John Wesley the majority of People are bound to find this really important. I really like the point you are making with your last paragraph….

the majority of People are bound to find this really important. I really like the point you are making with your last paragraph….

replicas de reelogios July 10, 2013 - 9:20 pm

…Visitor recommendations…

[…]you made running a blog glance http://michaelkors.net.br […]…

free iphone 4s July 30, 2013 - 2:31 am

I tend not to drop a leave a response, however after browsing through some of the responses on this page Monthly Top 10 FAQ:
March 2009 | IE Financial Aid Blog. I do have 2 questions for you if you do not mind.
Is it simply me or does it look as if like a few of the responses come
across as if they are written by brain dead individuals? :
-P And, if you are writing on additional online social sites, I’d like to follow you. Would you post a list of the complete urls of all your social sites like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 3:28 pm

Recent Blogroll Additions…

I saw this really good post today….

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 5:13 pm

Recent Blogroll Additions…

I saw this really great post today….

rabaty August 31, 2013 - 10:50 pm

Recommeneded website…

below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit…

Astronomy Binocular Review November 2, 2013 - 3:02 am

Hello! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any problems with hackers?
My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing several weeks of
hard work due to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

marcos March 20, 2014 - 12:17 am

I saw this really great post
Seovolución

Dstwo Supercard August 4, 2014 - 1:23 pm

Knowing how to properly figure returns is a crucial part of deciding where to put
your money. In general I advise to wait for an email, but if someone catches
your eye and winks at you, go ahead and respond.
At first it will take great effort to keep this neutral alignment.

Creation de sites web au Maroc � Tanger

I saw this really great post today.

"youtube" January 24, 2015 - 7:08 am

“click here”

“[…]t Wonderful website you have here but I was wanting to know if you knew of an 40[…]”

zespolone

I found a great…

Cristi Bartels May 17, 2015 - 6:25 pm
Torik Raj September 1, 2016 - 1:30 am
Arnold April 1, 2017 - 5:52 pm

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. seo optimization company

Arnold April 4, 2017 - 6:16 pm

Im no expert, but I believe you just made an excellent point. You certainly fully understand what youre speaking about, and I can truly get behind that. security guard company Kansas city mo